1. Brandman S, Ko JP. Pulmonary nodule detection, characterization, and management with multidetector computed tomography. J Thorac Imaging 2011; 26(2):90–105.
2. Kumar V, Abbas AK, FaustoN, Aster JC. Neoplasia. Robbins and Cotran Pathologic basis of disease.8th edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2010. p. 220.
3. Mondal SK, Nag D, Das R, Mandal PK, Biswas PK and Osta M. Computed tomogram guided fine-needle aspiration cytology of lung mass with histological correlation: A study in Eastern India. South Asian J Cancer 2013; 2(1):14–8.
4. Miller RT, Kubier P. Immunohistochemistry on cytologic specimens and previously stained slides (When no paraffin block is available). J Histotechnol 2002; 25:251–7.
5. Varsegi GM, Shidham V. Cell block preparation from cytology specimen with predominance of individually scattered cells. J Vis Exp 2009; 29:1316.
6. Bhatia P, Dey P, Uppal R, Shifa R, Srinivasan R, Nijhawan R. Cell blocks from scraping of cytology smear: comparison with conventional cell block. Acta Cytol 2008; 52:329–33.
7. Akalin A, Lu D, Woda B, Moss L, Fischer A. Rapid cell blocks improve accuracy of breast FNAs beyond that provided by conventional cell blocks regardless of immediate adequacy evaluation. Diagn Cytopathol 2008; 36:523–9.
8. Saha A, Kumar K, Choudhuri MK. Computed tomography-guided fine needle aspiration cytology of thoracic mass lesions: A study of 57 cases. J Cytol 2009; 26(2):55–9.
9. Tan KB, Thamboo TP, Wang SC. Audit of transthoracic fine needle aspiration of the lung: Cytological sub classification of bronchogenic carcinomas and diagnosis of tuberculosis. Singapore Med J 2002; 43:570–5.
10. Bandyopadhyay A, Laha R, Das TK. CT guided fine needle aspiration cytology of thoracic mass lesions: A prospective study of immediate cytological evaluation. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2007; 50:51–5.
11. Madan MB. Evaluation of FNAC in lung diseases. Turk J Pathol 2010; 26:1–6.
12. Shah S, Shukla K, Patel P. Role of needle aspiration cytology in diagnosis of lung tumors. A study of 100 cases. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2007; 50:56–8.
13. Basnet SB, Thapa GB, Shahi R. Computed tomography guided percutaneous transthoracic fine needle aspiration cytology in chest masses. J Nepal Med Assoc 2008; 47:123–7.
14. Syed A, Shabab M, Uddin A. Computed tomography guided fine needle aspiration cytology of lung lesions: A study of 162 cases. J Chittagong Med Coll Teach Assoc 2009; 20:50–2.
15. Khan SH, Omar T, Michelow P. Effectiveness of the cell block technique in diagnostic cytopathology. Cytol 2012; 29(3):177–182.
16. Thapar M, Mishra RK, Sharma A. Critical analysis of cell block versus smear examination in effusions. J Cytol 2009; 26(2):60–4.
17. Khouri NF, Stitik FP, Erozan YS. Transthoracic needle aspiration biopsy of benign and malignant lung lesions. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1984; 144: 281–8.
18. Hamper UM, Khouri NF, Stitik FP. Pulmonary Hamartoma: Diagnosis of transthoracic needle aspiration biopsy. Radiology 1985; 155:15–8.
19. Rangaswamy M, Zacharia TT, Krishnamurthy J. Study of computed tomography-guided fine needle aspiration cytology of thoracic lesions. J Cytol 2012; 29(1):30–4.
20. Jaya Shankar E, Pavani B, Chandra E. Computed tomography guided percutaneous thoracic: Fine needle aspiration cytology in lung and mediastinum. J Cytol Histol 2010; 107:1–3. 21. Mullan CP, Kelly BE, Ellis PK. CT-guided fine-needle aspiration of lung nodules: Effect on outcome of using coaxial technique and immediate cytological evaluation. Ulster Med J 2004; 73:32–6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.