1. Ghom AG, Jedhe SM. Text book of oral pathology. 2nd ed. New Delhi; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2013.
2. Da Cruz Campos MI, Campos CN, Aarestrup FM, Aarestrup JV. Oral mucositis in cancer treatment: Natural history, prevention and treatment (review). Mol clin oncol 2014; 2(3):337–40.
3. Noordhuis P, Holwerda U, Van der Wilt CL, Van Groeningen CJ, Smid K, Meijer S, et al. 5-Fluorouracil incorporation into RNA and DNA in relation to thymidylate synthase inhibition of human colorectal cancers. Ann Oncol 2004; 15:1025–32.
4. Mead GM. Management of oral mucositis associated with cancer chemotherapy. Lancet 2002; 359(23):815–6.
5. Chen P, Lingen M, Sonis ST, Walsh-Reitz MM, Toback FG. Role of AMP-18 in oral mucositis. Oral Oncol 2011; 47(9):831–9.
6. Miller MM, Donald DV, Hagemann TM. Prevention and treatment of oral mucositis in children with cancer. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 2012; 17(4):340–50.
7. Srivastava JK, Eswar-Shankar E, Gupta S. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with bright future. Mol Med Rep 2010; 3(6):895–901.
8. Al- Bahtiti NH. Chemical analysis and biological activity of Jordanian chamomile extracts. Adv J Food Sci Technol 2012; 4(1):22–5.
9. Svenningsen AB, Madsen KD, Liljefors T, Stafford GI, Van Staden J, Jäger AK. Biflavones from Rhus species with affinity for the GABA (A) benzodiazepine receptor. J Ethno pharmacol 2006; 103(2):276–80.
10. Srivastava JK, Gupta S. Antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of chamomile extract in various human cancer cells. J Agric Food Chem 2007; 55:9470–8.
11. Ferreira RJ, Carvalho AE, Souza W, Alvarenga FB, Rodrigues FB. Anatomia da Artéria Lingual Profunda em Sus scrofa domestica, LINNAEUS, 1758. Ciência Animal Brasileira 2011; 12(2): 298–305.
12. Miyawaki Y,Yoshimura K, Shindo J, Kageyama I. Light and scanning electron microscopic study on the tongue and lingual papillae of the common raccoon, Procyon lotor. Okajimas Folia Anatomica Japonica 2010; 87(2):65–73.
13. Fonseca ET, Oliveira CM, Franciolli ALR, Miglino MA. “Caracteristicas das papilas do dorso da lingua de cabras (Capra hircus): estudo por de microscopia eletrônica de varredura e luz. Pesquisa Veterinária Brasileira 2011; 31(1): 67–73.
14. Zheng J, Kobayashi K. “Comparative morphological study on the lingual papillae and their connective tissue cores (CTC) in reeves' muntjac deer (Muntiacus reevesi),” Ann Anat 2006; 188(6):555–64.
15. Cooper LS, Gillett CE, Smith P, Fentiman IS, Barnes DM. Cell proliferation measured by MIB1 and timing of surgery for breast cancer. Br J Cancer 1998; 77:1502–7.
16. Ermiah E, Buhmeida A, Abdalla F, Khalid BR,Salem N, Pyrhonen S. Prognostic Value of Proliferation Markers: Immunohistochemical Ki-67 Expression and Cytometric S-Phase Fraction of Women with Breast Cancer in Libya. J Cancer 2012; 3:421–31.
17. Green DR, Kroemer G. The pathophysiology of mitochondrial cell death. Science 2004; 305: 626–9.
18. Decker P, Muller S. Modulating poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activity: potential for the prevention and therapy of pathogenic situations involving DNA damage and oxidative stress. Curr Pharm Biotechnol 2002; 3:275–83.
19. Degterev A, Boyce M, Yuan J. A decade of caspases. Oncogene 2003; 22:8543–67.
20. Emam MAL. Comparative evaluation of antidiabetic activity of Rosmarinus officinalis and Chamomile recutita in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Agric Biol J N Am 2012; 3:247–52.
21. Ozel O, Aycicek A, Kenar F, Aktepe F, Sargin R, Deniz M, et al. Histopathologic changes in the rabbit submandibular gland after5-fluorouracil chemotherapy. Turk J Med Sci 2010; 40:213–20.
22. Barakat SA. The possible role of green tea in protecting submandibular salivary gland function in rats receiving 5-Fluorouracil 2014. M.Sc. Thesis. Mansoura University, Egypt.
23. Ücuncu H, Ertekin MV, Yoruk Ö, Sezen O, Özkan A, Erdoğan F, et al. Vitamin E and L-carnitine, separately or in combination, in the prevention of radiation-induced oral mucositis and myelosuppression: A controlled study in a rat model. J Radiat Res 2006; 47:91–102.
24. Seleit IA, Asaad N, Maree A, Abdel Wahed M. Immunohistochemical expression of p53 and Ki-67 in cutaneous lupus erythematosus. J Egypt Women Dermatol Soc 2010; 7(1):5–15.
25. Christopher AS, Mary JK: Biology of oral mucosa and esophagus. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2001; 29:7–15.
26. Zheng WK, Inokuchi A, Yamamoto T, Komiyama S. Taste dysfunction in irradiated patients with head and neck cancer. Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 2002; 93(4):64–76.
27. Alvariño-Martín C, Sarrión-Pérez MG. Prevention and treatment of oral mucositis in patients receiving chemotherapy. J Clin Exp Dent 2014; 6(1):74–80.
28. López BC. Oral toxicity produced by chemotherapy: A systematic review. J Clin Exp Dent 2014; 6(1):81–90.
29. Sonis ST. Mucositis as a biological process: a new hypothesis for the development of chemotherapy-induced stomatotoxicity. Oral Oncol 1998; 34(1):39–43.
30. Sonis ST. A biological approach to mucositis. J Support Oncol 2004; 2(1):21–32.
31. Wright TH, Yazbeck R, Lymn KA, Whitford EJ, Cheah KY, Butler RN, et al. The herbal extract, Iberogast, improves jejunal integrity in rats with 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU)-induced mucositis. Cancer Biol Ther 2009; 8:923–9.
32. Pritchard DM, Watson AJ, Potten CS, Jackman AL, Hickman JA. Inhibition by uridine but not thymidine of p53 dependent intestinal apoptosis initiated by 5-fluorouracil: Evidence for the involvement of RNA perturbation. Proc Nat Acad Sci 1997; 94(5):1795–9.
33. Green DR, Kroemer G. The pathophysiology of mitochondrial cell death. Science 2004; 305: 626–9.
34. Carl W, Emrich LS. Management of oral mucositis during local radiation and systemic chemotherapy: a study of 98 patients. J Prosthet Dent 1991; 66:361–9.
35. Fidler P, Loprinzi CL, O'Fallon JR, Leitch JM, Lee JK, Hayes DL, et al. Prospective evaluation of chamomile mouth wash for prevention of 5-FU induced mucositis. Cancer 1996; 77(3):552–5.
36. Al-Refai AS. Immunohistochemical study of the effect of chamomile extract on 5-fluorouracil induced intestinal mucositis in albino rats. J Clin Cell Immunol 2014; 5:1–10.
37. Zadeh JB, Moradi Kor N, Moradi Kor Z. Chamomile (Matricaria recutita as a valuable medicinal plant. IJABBR 2014; 2(3):823–9. 38. Cavalieri E, Rigo A, Bonifacio M, Carcereri de Prati A, Guardalben E, Faculi M, et al. Pro- apoptotic activity of α-bisabolol in preclinical models of primary human acute leukemia cells. J Transl Med 2011; 9:45–51.